HERTS WELCOMES REFUGEES
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TREASURER
- The treasurer needs to be sympathetic to the aims of HWR and the on-going plight of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and internationally. This is a voluntary role.
- The treasurer doesn’t need to be an accountant only numerate and conversant with Excel, Word etc.
- HWR don’t currently use a Software accounts package e.g. Sage although this needs to be re-considered. At present HWR use Excel with linked spreadsheets.
- The treasurer needs to present to the meetings of the Trustees and Management Committee accounts in sufficient detail for them to appreciate the current financial position of HWR. This is usually done on a monthly basis or as required.
- The Management Committee has a monthly daytime meeting, usually Thursday morning, and we would like the treasurer to be present.
- We would like the treasurer to be a Trustee.
- To bank all donations made to HWR and, where appropriate, send an acknowledgement/letter of thanks to the donors.
- To pay all invoices and other payments approved by the Trustees, Management Committee or Area Convenors in a timely manner.
- To prepare monthly accounts to be presented at the Management Committee meetings.
- To prepare Annual Accounts and have them Examined by an Independent Person approved by the Trustees.
Everyone will deal with the job differently although I prefer to spend an hour or so most days rather than allow matters to pile up.
M J Hayter
Trustee & Treasurer
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org